Saturday, May 26, 2012

May 26. Lets just do a half real quick

Sleeping on the couch doesnt provide much comfort for a long run the next day, but that was the case as I seem to wake everyone up at 5:00am otherwise.  Well that sucked, because everyone was up anyway.  Whatever.  My goal today was to just frikin run.  I didnt care how far how long or how far, I just wanted to run.  Today I saw an awesome dude in my youth group going to graduation.  Just a great kid.  I didnt see much else, other than the same group leaving for carowinds.  I had no gummy gu's today.  I only had some gatorade and a banana before the run but have mercy the energy was limitless.  I'm pretty sure I could have run another 10-15 miles before I just passed out, but I stopped. I stopped at 13.19.  Thats a 1/2 dang marathon.  I can put a 13.1 sticker on my car now, no?    2 months ahead of schedule.  Not to shabby for a 220 lb dude who couldnt run a 5k in under 46 minutes 5 months ago.  I think I'm going to start tapering these runs off a little now.  I've gained the confidence I CAN do this, now I just need to keep the feet and knees able.


Distance:13.19 mi
Time:2:24:59
Avg Pace:10:55 min/mi
Elevation Gain:899 ft
Calories:1,498 C

No comments:

Post a Comment