Saturday, May 12, 2012

May 12. Mixed emotions

It was cooolllldddd this am.  45 ish degrees.  I had mentally prepared to the best of my ability to move into the double digits today.  Despite the scheduled 9 miles, I wanted 10 and I wanted it in 2 hours. Banana/honey for breakfast and a gatorade/gummy gu and I'm off.  The initial pace was crazy slow, dang near 12 mpm but I knew it was going to be a long morning so I wanted to keep the pace right at 11mpm.  The only initial obstacle was this huge frikin hill there next to the school  It was physically painful but I nailed it and kept on my way.  From that point forward I felt amazing...until I made the realization that yeah, I'm going to get 10 miles in today and I'm going to feel great but a marathon is 26.2 miles.  Thats 16 more miles than  ran today.  Sixteen.  That means I would have to do the same course I did today, TWO TIMES, and then run 6.2 miles on top of that.  That has me thoroughly depressed today.  Plus I'm tired.  I need to go to bed now.
Time:  5:45
Weather:  Cold. Clear
Distance 10.06 miles
Pre Game food: banana, honey, 1/3 power bar, gummy gu, gatorade
Time:  1 hour 50ish minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment